Sunday, August 24, 2014

8/18 through 8/24

I got a few things accomplished this week.
I don't remember what I did on which day so I'll just list the things I've done.

I had mentioned that I had done a quilt for a friend of my DH and I needed to finish one for his wife. Well that one is done.



After that I finished a client quilt. Then I started looking through the tops I had on my shelves (my quilt tops). I started putting the quilt tops that had backings on one shelf. Quilts that needed backing went on another shelf. Then I came across a couple that needed added borders to complete the top.
The first one was one of those jelly roll race tops that I just needed to put a small inner border then a small pieced border from what I had left over from straightening the sides.


The next one was one that I've had for about 14 years. Yes, I said 14 years. When I was in a guild, each of us was assigned a month that we would make up kits for members to take and make a block and return it to us the following month so we could make a quilt. I had to correct quite a few blocks before I could put it together (and I see I still missed one). At least now I have it ready to quilt.


Thursday of this week was the PTS picnic (Paws to Sew). We had it over at one of the member's house instead of here this year. We had a bunch of show and tell and played the game-Left, Right- Center. My DS also made it home that evening, after a 2 week trip to Az. to pick up the 1965 El Camino his Dad left him.

Friday I was looking on Craigslist and saw an Estate Sale that listed "vintage machines". Needless to say I had to take a run up to see and believe it or not, came home with nothing. But that was not the same story on Saturday. Again, on Craigslist I saw a sale listed. On this one it listed a "featherweight". Soooooooo-off I went.  Well, here she is-----1946, and her name is Wendy.


For the last 2 days I have been trying to clean up the "black hole". I am trying to clean out an area and take down shelves (wall shelves) so that I can set up some metal shelves to put my machines on so they won't be stored under the long-arm (or under tables, in closets, etc.). I think it's going to look a whole lot worse before it gets better. I'm getting real strict with myself about letting go of stuff.

Well I guess that's it for this week.

Til later,
Hugs & Stitches,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment