Friday, August 12, 2016

Week ending 8/11/16

Ready? Go!!!

Friday-absolutely nothing done. Hubby said we need to go grocery shopping. By the time we got home it was lunchtime. Then I need to start on some baking I wanted to do (and I didn't burn down the house :-). I feel like baking once every three years or so (lol).

Saturday-out at the LQS for a Beginning Quilting Class. Class was a full one. Everyone did really good. When class was over everyone was right where we should be when we stop for the day.

Sunday- worked downstairs on the Necessary Clutch Wallet and watched Quilt Cam,

Monday-out at LQS for the Mini of the Month Club and an Open Sew class. Really good day. We had lots of fun in both classes.

Tuesday-nothing done downstairs. Had to go and get blood drawn and BOY! Did that hurt. I am usually a "hard stick". I made sure I drank plenty of water, but that didn't even help this time. Of course, I had a newbie. Finally, the regular guy took over and got what was needed. Got stuck 4 or 5 times to get it done though. From there I went to Artco for their Fabricadabra meeting. There was a good turn out.

Wednesday- came down and straightened up a little. Then I finished sewing the strips on Wild Child. Now to get started on the applique. I also traced out the next embroidery for the Vintage Tin. Added 2 borders on a 5 yard quilt I started at retreat in June. Then built out the backing as far as I could with the leftovers.



Thursday-quilting with BQB. But first had to go to Dr's. for 6 month check up. Everything is a-ok. Worked on getting the final borders on the Tumbler quilt that I did using them as Leader & Enders. This was Bonnie Hunter's year long project for L&E's. This year it is Hourglass blocks. Now I have to get busy and get lots of those cut up.


I also put up my Skull blocks and am going to start working on those. I won't post any pics on that one until the top is complete.

That's all for this week.
Til later,
Hugs & Stitches,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment