Saturday, August 24, 2013

APWQ Show

Yesterday, a friend and I went to The APWQ Quilt Show. 
This is only my opinion, but I really didn't see anything to reach out and "grab" me. Don't get me wrong, the show was nice. They had a collection from the La Conner Quilt Museum. There was a collection of Cindy Needham quilts that really made me feel like an amateur. A collection of past winners of the show. A collection from Canadian quilters. A batik challenge from a group of quilters ( in other words---a collection). A collection of quilts that were made for a book (forgive me but I've forgotten the title). Do you see a theme here? The Best of Show was Marilyn Badger and of course, her work is always gorgeous. I just didn't feel it was up to some of the past shows for some reason.
But for an overall, it was enjoyable.

Now to the vendors. I think the number of vendors were down (I could be wrong). In a way I have to say thank goodness for that (LOL), or I would have spent more.
I did pick up a couple of shirts. One of the vendors there was Brie Kriebel, and I always find a shirt there that I have to have. They are so comfortable. Of course, I did buy fabric and here it is.


Some aboriginal prints.

A couple of black and whites for my collection.


Some hard to find light batiks.


More batiks.

All in all I had very nice day------after all-------I petted a lot of fabric.

Til later,
Hugs and Stitches,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment