Saturday, September 13, 2014

Goings On thru 9/12

Boy have I been busy!
The week of 8/25 through 8/31 I quilted some client quilts and did some cutting on stuff that I was going to take for working on in the motel room while I was down in Oregon (more info on the trip down farther in this post).
Then comes the first of September-----------------Dramatic music-------------. I was perusing Craigslist (I really need to stay off of there) and saw a listing for this.





Okay that's one. A Janome Jem Platinum 720.

On Wednesday the 3rd I took off for Dundee, Oregon and 3 days of  Beginning Basic Machine Maintenance classes. The first day was lecture. The second day we got to tear into the machine that we brought. Day 2 and 3 was learning all the steps of going through the machines for maintaining them. Adjustments and problem shooting on small things. By the end of the 3rd day I had gone though 3 of the machines I had taken (I took 7). We had Sunday off so I went and bought some of the tools I needed to fill out my tool list. I also wanted to try to find some more machines to work on.
On Monday we started Advanced Machine Maintenance for 3 days. Luckily our hosts for these classes had a barn full of machines so that when we ran out of our machines we could practice on theirs'.
It was a wonderful week of classes. The people were so friendly and we bonded during that week. We have agreed to stay in touch with each other.
Here is a pic of my and the person who taught the class (Ray White).



Okay----now I have to leave for home. I stopped at a Goodwill that I knew of on the way home.
I swear!!!!---------they jumped into my cart and pleaded to go home with me :-).





I had to take them home.

So--------then Thursday I had to do some house cleaning cause DD was coming up from CA. to visit.
During "union" break I was perusing (again) Craigslist, and I came upon this.

Well, when we went to pick up DD at the airport, we also stopped and picked up this little beauty.
I think I've done pretty good for the past two weeks.

DD will be here til the 21st so I don't think I'll be doing much sewing for a while.
Sew---that's what I've been up to lately.

That's it for now.
Til later,
Hugs & Stitches,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment