Thursday, June 30, 2016

End of June Report

Okay. Trying to get back on track. Let's post on what's been done this last week.

As promised, I will post pics of the tops that I got completed or almost completed at the retreat in Idaho.

This is actually the Sidelines Pattern. I just adjusted the sizes I cut out so it would be a lap size quilt instead of a wall hanging.

This is a five yard pattern. I actually picked this fabric up in a quilt shop on my way to last year's retreat. I had to age it first.

Another five yard quilt. I didn't get the borders on it yet. I'll try to get them on this next week.

Now for what I've done since I've been home.
I got home on Monday, got unpacked and then just chilled.

Tuesday, I just chilled for a while then had to make a trip down to Olympia to pay on the car (being restored) and see the progress on it.

Wednesday, I worked for a while in the "dungeon". I managed to make and apply the binding to the front of a queen size quilt. This is a client quilt I returned some time ago. She called me to see if I could do the binding as she can't do hand work anymore. Then I cut out 30 Pretty pockets to go to the cancer center where I take the totes. Out of the leftover flannel from the pockets I was able to get (50)
4 1/2" squares that I will make into baby quilts for a friend that distributes them to people that need them in her community. After that, we got a delivery of parts that we have been waiting on for the car, so that was another trip down to Olympia to deliver those.

Today I had to go over to BQB's house to get instructions on taking care of her fur babies and plants while she and DH are visiting Mom in CA. I'm going to piece together a back for a commission quilt that I have to get sent out this next week.

That's about it for this month. Tomorrow I have to get really serious about applying myself to working. I have about 10 quilts that need to get done for clients and I would like to get at least 3 of my own done. We'll see how it goes.

That's it for now.
Til later,
Hugs & Stitches,

Wednesday, June 29, 2016


I really, really, REALLY need to get back on track with my sewing and work. It seems like, ever since DH retired, I have a hard time setting working hours. To make matters worse, since we started on getting my car restored, that has taken more time away.

I think I need to go back to listing what I have gotten accomplished each day. Maybe that will get me back on track.

I have just gotten back from the Idaho retreat, and boy did we have fun. I have never laughed so hard for a long time. I did indeed get my Gypsy Wife quilt done and my BQB's is done also. In case you missed them, you can see them here. I did manage to get 2 tops pieced and another top that only needs the inner and outer border. When I get them unpacked I will post pics. I also made 6 Quilt For a Cure totes, about 18 Pretty Pockets (learn about them HERE) and some tiny duffels.

One of the projects we all worked on was Little Dress for Africa. We did close to a 100 by the end of the weekend, HURRAY!!!!!! They will be distributed sometime in August.

I don't have any pics for this post but I will get some later today and have them in my next post. or now I'd better get back to work.

Til later,
Hugs & Stitches.

Friday, June 17, 2016

Ta Da!!!!!

Well I finally got the Gypsy Wife top complete. I'm going to try to get it quilted by the time I leave for retreat on Wednesday. HA HA!!!! I'll try to get BQB's quilt done also. Here's pics of the finished tops.

n the other front. My car is final getting some paint on it.
The color on the wheels is going to be the color on the car.

Well this will be a short post as I have to get this quilt off so I can put the Wives on.

Til later,
Hugs & Stitches,

Thursday, June 2, 2016

May Updates

I don't know where this year is going! Has it really been over a month since I've posted?

I've been busy trying to catch up on client quilts ( a never ending endeavor, I'm afraid). I've got them stacked up, but since this is a holiday weekend I've been busy working on some of my stuff. I loaded one of the quilts that will go to my doctor's office on and got it done. In between I've been putting together some frankenbattings to use up some left over batts. I now have another quilt loaded that will be going to the Doctor's. Should have that one finished in about a half hour or so (I'm part way through it now).

My BQB and I have been working on the Gypsy Wife. We have 5 1/2 sections together. I didn't get a picture of it this week ( which is the first week we've been able to work on it since the 1st of April). I'll get a picture of it this next Thursday. By then we should hopefully have at least 7 of the 10 sections together. (Update-Here is the progress from our sewing day.)

These pics are Sections 1 thru 7 completed.
The next pic is Section 8 of BQB's quilt and Sections 8 & 9 of my quilt.

Some of my irises that I purchased last fall have put in a showing in my garden. They are gorgeous.

An update n my restoration project. I have decided to take out the 170 6-cyliner and put in a 289 engine. Oy vay!!!! Did I open a can of worms.
Since I did that I now need to change out the tranny, rear end, go from 13" wheels to 15" wheels (and tires). Needless to say the 13" wheels that we had powder coated along with the new tires and the complete brake  job (cause I also have to go to disc brakes on the back) was money down the drain. Oh well, you can't take it with you.
Here's some pics of how the car is looking now. Hopefully within the next 2 weeks we will have the paint on it. The body work is done now.

Well, I guess I should be getting off here and getting to work.

Til later,
Hugs & Stitches,