Sunday, March 22, 2015

A New Project Revisited

A while back I wrote about a new project, that was not a sewing project, I was undertaking. You can read about it here.
Well that particular car deal fell through. I sort of thought it would because of the person that had that particular car for "sale". A friend of a friend thing. 'Nuff said.
I didn't give up hope on getting a car for me and the other day friends and I were going on a road trip to tour a facility and on the way-------we saw---------sitting on the side of the road------------THIS!!!!

Needless to say, I had to stop and check it out. Got the number on the sign and came home later in the day and made the call. The guy called me back the next day and DH and I went to check it out. The gentleman selling was really a sweetheart. He was more interested that the car was going to a good home than getting some FANTASTICALLY high price. We settled on a price that was agreeable to both parties (and believe me, he came down on the price pretty good). We went and trailered it home today. As I write this she is buttoned up in the garage nice and warm. I have promised I would take it back by when I have it done. Also, will give him progress reports as restoration goes along.                
Here are more pics.
One of the things I forgot to mention in my last post is, I got DH to go antiquing with me a while back and this is what he bought for me.
What I have found out about it is that it is an old German machine (no name can be found on it, or markings), that is from the late 1800/early 1900's. It did have a shuttle and bobbin, and cranks freely. I just have to clean her up a little.
Isn't life grand?
Now, if I can just get caught up on client quilts and have some time for my stuff. Oh well, guess you can't have everything, or life wouldn't be interesting----no?
Til later,
Hugs & Stitches,

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Progress Update

Well it's been a while since I've posted anything.

I've been pretty busy, buried down in the "black hole". Since I took the month of January off from customer "stuff", I've been trying to catch up on everything.

One of the things on the "GET IT DONE" List is a commission quilt. This is a double sided quilt to boot. The original pattern they picked was  for a lap size quilt. The original lap size had 35 blocks (give or take). I needed to make this between a queen and king size. Eighty-five blocks later-----(oh did I mention that each block has 24 pieces)---I finally have one side done (minus the borders).

The other side will be blue.

Half way through making this, the LQS that I am co-ordinator for the Block of the Month finally got the fabric in for the new Block of the Month. Now this is mid February and the new one starts the First Monday in MARCH!!!!!!! So I need to get this made and up in the store! I got the fabric on a Thursday and by the following Thursday I had it out to the store. Here is a sampling of a few of the blocks.

This one is called Country French.

I've also gotten about 6 client quilts quilted and am sewing the binding down on another one this evening. I think it will take a couple of evenings as the quilt is 98" x 98".

Besides all of this I have also been working on getting some inventory done for the quilt shows I will vend at.  Also I have made up kits for the class I will be teaching at Quilt Retreat in April.  I am teaching a class where you can make 4 easy gift ideas. Three of these I have kits made up for (the 4th one, I just can't make up and keep the price down, so they will supply their own fabrics). For the three others I have made up 50 kits of each. I normally have a pretty large class so I want to make sure I have enough. Also, made step out boards for the classes.

Well I think that about covers it. I guess I should finish this up and get back to the binding.
I'll try to post in the next few days instead of waiting a month, like this time.

Til later,
Hugs & Stitches,