Here we are, a week into the new year.
I have been busy trying to get the sewing space cleaned up. I've gotten a good start on it. Now if I can keep up the pace.
I have already cleaned one corner where I had 2 machines (in cabinets) buried. You can now see them and use them.
Then I started working on a PILE of stuff I had between the ironing board and cutting counter. It had to be 4 feet high (I kid you not). You can now see the floor somewhat. In that mess I had some wild fabrics that I had put away for a someday project. Well I know what that project is now so I wanted to deal with those. This project is using 2 1/2" strips, so I cut them.
The last 2 Thursday's my BQB has come over for our sewing day. The first Thursday I finished up this little project. Now I just need to get it quilted.
This Thursday I picked a project out of the bucket (I'll explain the bucket a little further down) and got that done. I had pieces of 2 1/2" strips left from a couple of Christmas jelly rolls that I used to make Scrappy Trips top. I wanted to use everything up so I started piecing them together and then cut them into blocks. Scraps left over from that I pieced to make more blocks. I put it all together and them had some border fabric I added. It ended up being about 48" x 56". Not too shabby. I also had an extra block from the scrappy trips left over and I will make a pillow out of that.
In the first picture you will notice a blue tub sitting on one of the machines. This holds UFO's. There are about 5 of them. When I work on something (either by myself or when BQB comes over) I must work on something out of that tub. Once those projects are finished I put 5 more UFO's in. The only exception is when I need to do class samples. In other words, if I am not working on something for the business, if it is for personal stuff, I must work out of that tub. Maybe, after I get a few of those finished, I can allow myself to start something new.
I think that's about it for now.
Hugs & Stitches,