Monday, December 23, 2013

I'm taking the Pledge

                                                                 Favorite Fabric Swap

Well let's see how well I do. I've decided to join this little group of Fabriholics Anonymous at The Elvin Garden.

Here's a few of the ground rules:

No fabric purchases for the first 6 months (except for backing and bindings, but try to pull from stash first).

After 6 months re-evaluate and see if you can go for another 6 months.

Another is to create a UFO list and finish them. (As you have seen in some of my posts I do have a UFO list-see Page tabs above for 2014 projects).

Start de-stashing by weeding out fabric that you know you'll never use. I have done that before and will go through again. (I have a person that I give fabric to so she can make quilts for the homeless.)

Exceptions:
If you don't have stash for backing or binding then you may purchase.
Books, magazines and notions are fine.
One of the exceptions I will make for myself is, if I need fabric to round out a pattern I am making (ie., I have lots of focus or main fabrics, but not blenders or accents) I may purchase only the amount needed.


I had already decided to do something like this so maybe this will give me the little push I need.
Wish me luck.

Til later
Hugs & Stitches,
Mary

1 comment:

  1. Have joined in as well. I definitely need to do this. Wishing you luck!

    ReplyDelete