Saturday, December 14, 2013

Weekend Update

In a previous post I said I went to a friends house the day after Thanksgiving for a small quilting retreat. Here are some of the things I got done that weekend.

Note: For some reason these are posting sideways. I can't get them turned.

 This first one is the BQ4.
This second one is for DH. He is building a hot rod and this is for the car. I have since added a top and bottom border using the focus fabric.


This one is the 5 yard quilt. I just made a few changes on the inner border and outer borders.


I also got a top together called Grafitti, but wouldn't you know, I didn't get a pic of that one.
I also did a couple of other small projects I had taken.

Yesterday and today I spent the day making tamales. I hadn't made them for quite a while and my son and DH requested I make some this year. So, I got about 13 dozen made. Of course you  know, some will be given to friends (that's why I made dozens). I did regular pork tamales and some sweet tamales. Sweet tamales that I make are like the ones my Grandmother used to make. You add sugar to the masa and then put rasins and anise seeds in it and wrap in corn husks. My grandmother on my Mom's side was from Mexico and I learned to make these watching her and my Aunts making these. Oh how I remember all the hub-bub in her kitchen when everyone got together to make tamales. The husks would be soaked in her laundry tubs and the tamales making would commence (she had 10 kids-so daughters and DIL's would gather).

Anyway that's how my Friday & Saturday went. Check back tomorrow when I have posted on my New FO's I want to do for 2014.

Til later,
Hugs & Stitches,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment