Sunday, December 29, 2013

Slow Stitching Sunday 12/29

                                                                  Slow Sunday Stitching

This week I dug out a project that I have had for quite some time. I bought this as an unfinished project at a yard sale in AZ when I was visiting my mom. The Apple Cores (or Hatchet) blocks were cut out and about 5 or 6 were sewn together. The woman who started this had passed away. I have worked on this off and on for a few years and now I think it's time to finish this. It won't be very large but it might make a good table topper or for the back of the couch.




On another front---I have a show and tell.
Just picked this little jewel up this week. All it needs is a needle clamp and a little cleaning.


It's a Singer 185K. This is my other passion-----sewing machines. Namely vintage machines.
Oh well------keeps me off the streets and out of bars :-).

Linking up to Kathy's Blog for Slow Stitching Sunday.

Til later
Hugs & Stitches,
Mary

3 comments:

  1. Glad your new machine will keep you out of trouble. She is a real beauty. Enjoy your apple cores, those curved pieces are so tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've picked up lots of scraps at thrift shops almost identical to those apple cores!! I like apple core quilts but have never made one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Singer! It's a beauty!
    Your apple core project looks challenging... all those curved seams!

    ReplyDelete