Sunday, February 21, 2016

Second monthly update

To continue on monthly progress.
Wednesday I was back out at the LQS for the third class of Beg. quilting. Then Thursday BQB came over and we went for our walk. After we got back we went straight down to the sewing room and started working on our Gypsy Wife blocks. We got 3 made before we had to call it quits because it was almost time for the "girls" to start showing up for our "Paws to Sew" monthly meeting.



The ones on the left are mine. Right side are BQB's blocks.

The meeting went good. I suggested a 6" block that we could make. There are 5 of us that are going to do this. Each month we will draw a color to do the block in. We each make 5 blocks of that color and the following month we will exchange blocks. The block is called Darting Bird.



Friday morning went for the 2 mile walk. Got back home and went down and got the 5 blocks made for the PTS group exchange. (See pic above.)

Then I made the first block for the BOM that will be starting next month. Farm Girl Vintage.



After that I finished up the pillows for the Breast Cancer totes and took them to the center where I donate them.


Saturday went to check out a quilt show to see if maybe next year we can get in as a vendor.
Update on Saturday-----! We went to quilt show and to the quilt shop in town. We left there at 2 o'clock. Folks, this is a hour trip. I did not get home until 6:45 PM. The highway was backed up so I thought I would go the back way through Yelm. BAD MISTAKE!!!! Almost from the beginning it was 5 miles an hour or a complete stop. I finally made it to the gas station in Yelm (this was after taking several back roads around the town because the main road was at a complete stop) and got gas. Pulled out from there and what would normally take 5 minutes to travel, took an hour. I was sooooo tired by the time I got home. But I did manage to keep my cool which in itself is amazing :-).

Today I think it will be a laid back day for me. I will work on a client quilt and get it done for delivery this week.

Til later,
Hugs & Stitches,
Mary

1 comment: