Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Memories

Boy just spent the day cleaning out a bedroom that sort of became a catch-all for inventory and anything else that didn't have a place to be put. The room was actually the room my mom stayed in when she was with us for awhile. When she moved back to AZ. she had left a few things here with me. While going through her stuff in the closet I came across the slippers that I had knitted for her in 3rd or 4th grade (the catholic school I attended had us make them for Christmas gifts). She had worn them, finally, maybe once or twice when she was older. I found pictures and momentos she had kept all these years. A patch that my brother had gotten for bowling an all spare game when we were in a junior bowling league. My First Communion veil. Second and third grade report cards. You get the drift. I spent the afternoon enjoying very dear memories of childhood. She even kept a lot of my sons things as until he was about 13, I was a single mom and she was very close to him, cause she helped raise him. Sometimes when I worked 2 jobs she would babysit him. So she felt he was hers also.
Thanks for the memories Mom. I miss you.

Hugs & Stitches,
Mary

2 comments:

  1. Memories you'll always carry in your heart. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must say, they were sweet memories, but it sure slowed down the progress on cleaning :-).

      Delete