Sunday, September 13, 2015

9/6 through 9/12 Progress

Let's get this week started.

Sunday-had a Beginning Quilting Class out at the LQS on Sunday. Four students, and they all seem like they are going to be on the ball and quick learners.

Monday-put one of my quilts on and got it quilted. The quilt is Star Struck. One of Bonnie Hunter's patterns. After I got that quilted, I loaded client quilt and got that one quilted. I loaded another client quilt so it will be ready to go in the morning.

Tuesday-was a really *###*! day. I got the client quilt loaded the day before to get a start on it this morning. When I loaded it I noticed a few little problems with it (a little rippling here and there), but nothing really too serious that couldn't be "quilted" out. Well when she pieced the back, the selvedges were left on. I guess there was some rippling on the back too. I get about a 1/4 of the way through and find "folds" on the back. Soooooo, now I have to un-pick and get this straightened out.
I also put the borders on my "Bonnie" leader and ender spool quilt. I guess tomorrow I will load another client quilt and work on that.

Wednesday-just couldn't get it together. I did load another client quilt on. I quilted a couple of passes on it and quit for the day. Just couldn't get the mojo going after yesterday's frustrations. I did finish sewing the binding down on Star Struck.



Thursday-BQB came over and we got right to work. I have the borders on the Spool leader and ender from Bonnie Hunter from 2 years ago. And I pieced the back from all the left overs, and got the binding ready for the quilt.




I also finished Part 3 (I skipped Part 2 for now) of Celtic Solstice.


BQB got this done. It's a project that our sewing group is doing and we have to have our final top done by October meeting. Each one of us is doing something different in fabrics that we have chosen. I'll post mine sometime next month (I hope).

 
Friday-quilted client quilt and got another one loaded ready to start on.                                                
 
Saturday-out at LQS for the second class of the Beginning Quilting. Students were ready and actually had done some homework done.                                                                                                             
 
That's about it for this week.
Til later,
Hugs & Stitches,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment