Sunday, January 15, 2017

Week 2 progress.

Let's start with--

Sunday-came down and did very little straightening. I did sew on some crumb blocks.

Monday-out at LQS for Mini of the Month Club and Open Sew.

Tuesday-back out to LQS to work on picking fabric and cutting it for the new BOM that starts in March.


Wednesday-started working on new BOM. Got 6 blocks done. Got new Glow in the Dark thread on and tried that on the longarm. Still shreds so I guess I won't be using it to quilt my skull quilt. On to Plan B. Also worked on making Microwavable bowl holders for the craft show I do at the end of the year.

Thursday-BQB came over and she worked on the raffle quilt for the retreat we go to in April. I had to make a second BOM for the LQS. I had done one out of my stash just to show what the quilt would look like as far as pattern. Now we have the fabrics in that we will use for this so another quilt needed to be made using this fabric. One thing I must explain is the blocks will be made in these new colors but the customers will choose what they want to use out of the collection for their sashings and the strippy.

This is the first one Idid.

This is the second one.


Friday-came downstairs and decided I would take up Bonnie Hunter's challenge to first take an hour and do some cleaning before sewing. Here is the area I chose to clean up. It is the area where I work on machines. Here's the before and after. Amazing what you can accomplish in an hour.




After I got this done I was going to sew, but hubby came down to see about fixing the heat down here. I had heat mats in the floor but something is going on with them and so I have opted to have him take the circuit that the thermostat is on and put in a plug so I can use a heater. It needs to be on a different circuit so that I can have that on and the iron and not get strobe lights in the ceiling when both are on :-). So off we went to get a heater. When we got home we had lunch and then the Seahawks game was on.

Saturday-today I will do the one hour challenge. I have made a back for the new BOM so I hope to finally get the Skull quilt off. (If I can not get the glow in the dark thread to work I will use a regular gray thread.) Then I will load the BOM and get it done. I really would like to get some of my quilts quilted this month while I am on hiatus for client quilts.

That's it for this week.

Til later,
Hugs & Stitches,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment