Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Progress Report for January


If you're here for the Grow Your Blog Party, you can find that post here.



I figured I'd post a progress report today as Friday morning I leave for a quilt retreat at the ocean.

I think I've made pretty good progress this month. I have done A LOT of cutting this month trying to tame some of my scraps. Here's a couple of before and after pics.



The pics above are of the workbench where I will be working on machines.


Above is my cutting area. The smaller inset pic is as far as I've gotten on my scrap taming. Quite a bit cleaner I must say.

I've also done a lot of cutting for making inventory for the shows that I vend at. Now I have to start sewing everything up.

This week I've stayed pretty busy. Monday I ran errands---bank, PO, Doctors office and a drop off of totes to the cancer center. Tuesday I cut out 2 quilt tops and more inventory. Wednesday I completed quilting on 3 lap quilts that will be taken to my Dr;s office tomorrow. I have finished the binding on 2 of them and just now took a break on the third one to write this post.
Here they are. The first pic is one of my finishes for the 2015 FAL so when the time comes to link up the link will be (HERE).
My link back to the original post is here.



Here are the other 2.



Today, other than the binding, I am getting everything gathered up to get ready for the retreat. This is a group that gets together every year at Ocean Shores and we share lots of laughter and sewing and, of course, eating.

I guess that's it for this progress report. Starting next month I start back on quilting for clients and I have a line up already (whew!!!).
Happy Quilting1

Til later,
Hugs & Stitches,
Mary

1 comment: