Saturday, February 16, 2013

An Update of Sorts

Well I haven't gotten a whole lot accomplished this week in actual quilting. I have had a quilt on the machine for the last week and hope to finish it tomorrow. It's not that I'm loading it down with quilting or anything. It's just everytime I go to work on it, I get distracted with something else. I have completed 3 Reach for a Cure totes that I wanted to do this month. I have also cut another 100 Spool leader and ender kits to do. Then I cut some of the pile of scraps that needed attending to (cutting into 2 1/2" strips , 1 1/2" strips and squares. I've also sewn 16 Scrappy Trip squares. Cut 5 tote kits (Reach for a Cure). Then I finally got started on the Postcards I need to send out by the end of the month.

Which brings me to this story about doing the postcards. I am using a Wool Felt backing and using Sari ribbons and other yarns and fibers (that I am using a hand felting tool to attach them to the base). I brought everything up to the island in the kitchen to sit there and work on them. I had everything loaded in a box lid. I took out some of the stuff to work on, and after a while when I went to get additional stuff out, this had been added to the box-----


This is Gidget. She seems to think it's her new bed LOL.
Of course I need to give equal time to my little guardian---

 
 
This is Tessa----my baby.
My other little furry child (Moki) was no where in sight. He was probably outside enjoying a half way decent day.

Well  that's it for now.

Til next time
Hugs & Stitches,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment