Saturday, July 4, 2015

Retreat Report and Progress

Well, I survived going to Retreat at the Summit. I have gone to this for the last 8 years give or take.
We had a wonderful time spent with great friends (although, sometime you could call it a family).
There was much laughter and craziness going on. I think my favorite laugh was when one of the ladies  was asking a question on how to tie off her stitches and someone said to just backtack with her reverse, to which she replied, "I don't have a reverse on my machine."  (She had a Featherweight.) We all just sort of stopped and looked at her and then someone told her she did indeed have a reverse. In her defense, I believe she hadn't owned it for very long and wasn't familiar with it. But, we all had a good laugh.
The food was fabulous as usual, but I think that's true of any meal you don't have to cook :-). The weather was pretty warm, but we did have AC so it wasn't so bad.
I took a lot of stuff to work on for inventory for shows seeing as how the last 2 shows sort of cleaned us out. I did get a chance to work on 2 tops.


I didn't get the last border on this one. I'll take care of that in the next week.

This one I did get finished as far as the top. Just need to quilt it now.

One of the UFO's that I have been working on is now completely done.


Once a week my BQB (Best Quilting Buddy) comes over and we work on UFO"s. Right after I finished the top, Bonnie Hunter put out a call for quilts. This is one of her blocks from Quiltmaker's Addicted to Scraps column and she is going to be making some videos for Quiltmaker and needs quilts for the filming. I wrote her and said I could have this ready if she need it and she wrote back that she could indeed use it. So it will be going to the Quiltmaker's offices shortly.

This week BQB came over and I worked on a new UFO.

I had 8 blocks made and then it got put aside.  Time to finish this. It has aged enough! I finished the last 4 blocks, made the sashings and got the top put together and add the borders. Now it goes in the quilting pile. I also got the backing pieced and binding made and ready to be put on. I think I did pretty good.

I also got 3 client quilts done. Yay!!

Guess that's it for now.
Til later
Hugs & Stitches,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment