Thursday, June 30, 2016

End of June Report

Okay. Trying to get back on track. Let's post on what's been done this last week.

As promised, I will post pics of the tops that I got completed or almost completed at the retreat in Idaho.



This is actually the Sidelines Pattern. I just adjusted the sizes I cut out so it would be a lap size quilt instead of a wall hanging.


This is a five yard pattern. I actually picked this fabric up in a quilt shop on my way to last year's retreat. I had to age it first.


Another five yard quilt. I didn't get the borders on it yet. I'll try to get them on this next week.

Now for what I've done since I've been home.
I got home on Monday, got unpacked and then just chilled.

Tuesday, I just chilled for a while then had to make a trip down to Olympia to pay on the car (being restored) and see the progress on it.

Wednesday, I worked for a while in the "dungeon". I managed to make and apply the binding to the front of a queen size quilt. This is a client quilt I returned some time ago. She called me to see if I could do the binding as she can't do hand work anymore. Then I cut out 30 Pretty pockets to go to the cancer center where I take the totes. Out of the leftover flannel from the pockets I was able to get (50)
4 1/2" squares that I will make into baby quilts for a friend that distributes them to people that need them in her community. After that, we got a delivery of parts that we have been waiting on for the car, so that was another trip down to Olympia to deliver those.

Today I had to go over to BQB's house to get instructions on taking care of her fur babies and plants while she and DH are visiting Mom in CA. I'm going to piece together a back for a commission quilt that I have to get sent out this next week.

That's about it for this month. Tomorrow I have to get really serious about applying myself to working. I have about 10 quilts that need to get done for clients and I would like to get at least 3 of my own done. We'll see how it goes.

That's it for now.
Til later,
Hugs & Stitches,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment