Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Works in Progress

Or maybe I should say progress of my work.
I haven't been doing weekly progress reports on what I have gotten done in the "black hole" for the week. It's probably because I haven't been working on client quilts. I have been busy working on taming the mess. I have been doing a lot of cutting down of scraps into strips. Going through fabric and deciding what is kept and what is donated. I have also been doing a lot of cutting for inventory and kits for the retreat I teach at in April. Needless to say I have done a LOT of cutting this last 2 weeks.
Here are some of the scraps that I'm trying to tame so I can make it look a little more organized.

I have put these blocks up on the design wall so I can  stare at them for a while.

These blocks are the challenge this year in the small group that meets at my house once a month. The blue fabric (upper right side block) is the fabric we worked with this year. We just had to make a block using that fabric in the block. No size requirements or anything else in the way of rules. Now we have 3 months to put these into something finished. Since there are 6 of us, we had to each make 6 of the same block and then exchanged them at our December meeting.

In the evenings, I've been working on hand sewing (so I don't watch TV through the roof of my mouth :-) ). I finally finished this--

This is from Vintage Tin by Crabapple Hill. This is only the first one I've done so now I've traced out the second (which is a large one) one and started working on that.

I even found a little time today to treadle for a bit. Life is good.

Til later,
Hugs & Stitches,

No comments:

Post a Comment