Thursday, November 15, 2012

Play Day

Well, it's been a busy week. Monday I was out all day at the LQS doing a couple of classes of the Farmers Wife Club. Tuesday I quilted a client's quilt and Wednesday I mailed out another quilt.
Soooooo-today was a play day for me.
There is a Sewing & Craft Festival going on at the fairgrounds this weekend and I went to do a little shopping. I am so surprised that I behaved my self pretty well. I only bought a couple of little things for me (one of those want things instead of need). However, I did manage to find some birthdays gifts for the girls in a little group that meets at my house on the third Thursday of the month (which was today). We had 5 birthday girls for our meeting this time. (2 from last month. We had to cancel that meeting. And 3 for this month). Usually we are sewing on something, but we have finished the BOM that we were working on so we sat around and made plans for the next year's activities and for our annual Christmas Dinner (with DH's). I really love these ladies. We sat around and laughed and talked about how kids these days wouldn't know to handle the fun we had. Like riding bikes with no helmets (and we're still alive). Riding in the back windows of the car (if you remember that !!!!!). Or sitting in Dad's lap and steering the car. Am I dating myself :-)? Anyway like I said, I love these ladies and the joy and laughter they bring.
Since we were making plans for next year, I thought I would make a list of things I would like to complete for next year. I have added a page that lists UFO's, WIP's or whatever we call them. Let's see how many of these things I can finish. I will be adding things as I find them so this ought to be interesting.
Hopefully next post I'll have some pics to post.
Until then,
Hugs & Stitches,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment