Friday, July 15, 2016

Week ending 7/14/16

Friday-finished client quilt. Loaded another one on and got it halfway done.

Saturday-finished quilt. It took me a while to get it done because all of a sudden my bobbin thread kept jumping out of the tension slot. After picking out several times I pulled out my old bobbin case and did some work on it (it wouldn't keep any tension) and got it to working. Whew! Loaded a quilt back on (the one I finished last week and discovered a cold in the back and had to pick out 2 partial rows) and got that part re-quilted and DONE! Loaded a 3rd quilt and got started on that before calling it a day. Stick a fork in me-----I'M DONE!!!!

Sunday-finished quilt and loaded a bed runner on. Got that one done and was going to load another on and stopped. I decided that that was enough for the week. I was going to take a half day off and veg. So, that's what I did.

Monday-out at LQS for the block of the month. So the day was shot cause I get out there about 8:30 AM and get home about 7:30 PM.

Tuesday-Came down and wondered what to start on this AM. Started with sewing up 30 Pretty Pockets. If you missed my post on what these are find out their story HERE. Then it was on to sewing up a backing for one of my 5 yard quilts. Next up. piecing a client backing together. She sent a backing that she thought was big enough. When I went to put in on, the width was 3" short of the top. Luckily she had sent a 108" piece. I had enough to trim off one end and piece to the side to make it wide enough. Got the quilt loaded on the machine and ready to rock & roll on it tomorrow. Made the 6 blocks that our little weekly meeting group is trading each month.

Wednesday-came down and decided to work on some of the little duffels that I make to sell at a craft show I vend at in November. Spent some time picking out fabric for another car quilt.  Now to get started on the client quilt I have loaded. Started on quilt and almost have it finished.

Thursday-this is sewing day with BQB. It's been about a month since we've gotten together to have a sew day. It's normally every Thursday, but with going to retreat, then she went with DH to visit Mother -in-law is CA. So, we finally got back on schedule. Since we finished The Gypsy Wife, it's now time to go back to doing some UFO's. I had a second Moth in the Window that needed finishing. I got to work on getting the top set together and here it is.

Then I wanted to work on the 2015 Leader & Ender Tumblers from Bonnie Hunter. I want to get this done because by the end of the month she will be starting a new Leader/Ender project. I love doing this cause uses up scraps and I make 2 quilts at once. Here it is. It's still a work in progress.

That's what I have accomplished this week. Let's see what next week brings.

Til later,
Hugs & Stitches,

No comments:

Post a Comment